Diamondback is one of the most popular mountain bike brands today. The company produces a wide range of high-quality and durable mountain bike models for young and adults as well as male and female consumers. Diamondback was established in 1977 by a company known as the Western States in California, USA It was originally a BMX bike manufacturer but has over the years grown to be one of the biggest manufacturers of mountain bikes for all ages and skill levels in the world.
Diamondback also manufactures a wide range of biking accessories and parts including pumps, bike baskets, locks, racks, tools, bags, riding gear and much more. They are known for producing some of the best biking protective gear such as elbow guards, knee guards, riding shoes, and helmets to ensure that you are always safely protected when riding on both city streets and off-road tracks.
Diamondback’s flagship mountain bike line goes by the name of Diamondback Atroz. The Atroz line of mountain bikes is made of three bike configurations known as the Atroz 1, the Diamondback Atroz 2, and the Atroz 3. All three Atroz models come with all the key features you need in a reliable and durable mountain bike.
Diamondback Atroz Models Reviewed
In this review, we’ll look at each Atroz model, its key features, and its pros and cons. The goal of this Diamondback Atroz review is to help you make a more informed decision when looking for a good mountain bike designed to match your needs and budget.
1. Diamondback Atroz 1
The Diamondback Atroz 1 mountain bike is designed to take on every type of terrain you ride on thanks to its bullet-proof suspension and other features.
Diamondback designed the bike to give riders a more affordable mountain bike choice with the same premium performance and durability found in other high-end, pricier options.
The Atroz 1 gives you a premium shock system as well as variable sizing choices to ensure that you get the perfect fit for your comfort and other riding needs.
Some of the key features of the Atroz 1 include the following:
- 14g stainless steel spokes that give you maximum weight support
- DB41 Alloy Platform pedals are designed to ensure that you do not slip while pedaling or fail to get the right momentum when you need it
- A sealed cartridge bottom bracket to provide additional protection to your bike from abrasive debris and sharp objects when riding over tricky trails and off-road terrains
- A Diamondback Sync’r Saddle seat for maximum support and comfort regardless of your weight or size. The saddle is positioned on an Alloy Micro Adjust 30.9mm seat post to keep you balanced comfortably while riding.
- A durable and responsive 8-speed KMC Z51 chain that can withstand snapping or breaking in stressful biking conditions
- Tektro Aries Mechanical Disc Brakes with 190mm front and 160mm back rotors which work perfectly with the rear derailleur to give you ultimate stopping power.
- Firm and comfortable handlebar featuring the new Diamondback flanged 135mm Silicone grips for better control of the bike in every riding condition
The Atroz 1 also comes with a handy tool kit, an assembly guide, and an owner’s manual to get you up and riding as quickly as possible. It is a great mountain bike with advanced features for both long and short rides over all types of terrains.
2. Diamondback Atroz 2
The Diamondback Atroz 2 is another great option from the brand’s Atroz line of mountain bikes. It is designed to give you a more comfortable and powerful ride over any obstacle on your path.
The mountain bike is equipped with full support suspension on a single pivot frame to give you ultimate control and comfort while riding on rough surfaces. It has sealed cartridge bearings that deliver fluid uninterrupted motion in the toughest to maneuver terrains.
One of the best things about the Atroz 2 is its core-driven architecture designed with ultimate performance and cost-savings in mind.
Other key features of the Diamondback Atroz 2 include:
- Highly responsive and adaptive Shimano hydraulic disc brake system with great stopping power and maneuverability.
- Suntour air-sprung rear suspension system to keep you perfectly balanced in tough riding conditions
- Single-ring drivetrain for better control of the bike’s speed
- Diamondback Sync’r Saddle seat for maximum comfort and support as well as an Alloy Micro Adjust 30.9mm seat post.
- 9-speed KMC Z99 chain for easy speed adjustment
- SR Suntour Raidon-R Air Shock rear shock absorbing system with 184x44mm rating and rebound adjust
- Alloy Arm w/30T single ring cranks for better mechanical function
- Full ISCG-05 Chain Guide with roller front derailleur for ultimate stability over rocky and other tough terrains
- 27.5×2.35 VEE RubberFlow Snap tires that can withstand high impacts without suffering punctures, wear and tear.
The Diamondback Atroz 2 is equipped with tons of features found only on pricier mountain bikes. It also comes at a reasonable price which makes it a perfect option for all types of riders.
3. Diamondback Atroz 3
The Atroz 3 is the most advanced model, so far, in the Diamondback Atroz line of mountain bikes. It comes with more features and functionalities than the previous Atroz models, such as a more refined single pivot full suspension and a 5-inch travel Recon RL air-sprung fork with quick-release 31mm stanchions.
It is designed with the most important aspects of riding, including comfort, power and performance, in mind.
Some of the notable features of the Atroz 3 include the following:
- SRAM NX 11-speed drivetrain with a broad range of motion to suit every type of rider
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes for the ultimate stopping power, safety, and better control
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic brake lever that allows you to exert powerful stoppage when the need arises
- DB Sync’r Saddle seat designed for comfort even on long stressful rides
- A Raceface Chester 780mm Wide 35 bar Bore handlebar for solid control and perfect balance when riding on tough uneven surfaces
- 14g Stainless Steel spokes for full performance and freedom to exert as much pressure as you want to.
- 27.5 Double Wall 32H DDM-5 rims with an attention-grabbing aesthetic appeal.
The Atroz 3 is the perfect mountain bike designed for the serious rider seeking to take his or her riding experience to the next level. It comes with all the latest features you can expect to get from a Diamondback mountain bike at the most reasonable cost.
- Diamondback Atroz mountain bikes have double framing support as well as different wheel sizes to suit every type of rider. The premium frame design gives you maximum support and durability.
- The bikes feature silicone grips for a firmer and tighter control on different terrains
- The bike’s DB Sync’r Saddle seat easily adapts to your body for maximum comfort and stability as you ride regardless of your size
- The mountain bikes come with a tool kit and assembly guide to help you set up the bike and start enjoying your first ride as soon as the package is delivered
- The bikes come with stainless steel spokes to give the bike strength and durability
- Atroz bikes come with an 8 to 11-speed chain that easily adjusts to your riding style and speed preferences
- A more advanced rear shock system that can absorb the impact of hard bumps when riding on irregular or rocky off-road terrain
- Silicone grips on the handlebar give you maximum control and better maneuverability
- The Doublewall 32H DDM rims give the Atroz 3 a sleek and attractive look and style
- A reliable, high-performance line of Diamondback mountain bikes with all the features found in other high-end, pricier bikes but available at a more reasonable price.
- The bikes have an overall minimal design that does not allow a lot of your personal customization.
- Spare parts are readily available but a bit expensive.
- The Atroz 3 has advanced functionality that may take the average rider some time to figure everything out.
If you are a serious rider looking for the best mountain bike for training or riding pleasure, the Diamondback Atroz 1, 2, or 3 is the perfect option for you.
The bikes are designed to give riders of all skill and experience levels a versatile, durable, and high-performance option. Each of the 3 models comes with all the advanced features you expect from a high-end mountain bike at a more reasonable price.
Just like other Diamondback bikes, the Atroz comes complete with an instruction manual, owner’s manual, and tool kit to help you assemble the bike and start enjoying your first ride as soon as the bike is delivered. They are also easy to assemble thanks to the tool kit and assembly kit.
The bikes are also made by a reputable brand with a history of manufacturing high-quality and durable mountain bikes.