Do you want to maintain a healthy life while you travel?
It sounds difficult but above all boring.
Maybe what you like most about traveling is trying different and delicious food and of course, you can do it.
What we should avoid is bingeing on junk food on the trip which leaves us with a few extra pounds.
You can travel, eat and enjoy at the same time. But it is good to consider some aspects so as not to harm our bodies.
Keep reading and learn with us how to maintain a healthy life while you travel.
80% of the battle is diet
The way we eat will determine 80-90% of how we look and feel. This is something that nobody likes to hear when planning a trip.
Maybe the desperation and the drastic diets that arise after a trip are what we want to avoid.
Instead, let’s make a reasonable strategy that is regular and long-lasting so that we can avoid overdoing it when traveling. In this way we will save extreme diets when we get home.
But how do we do that?
Easy, let’s come up with a great and simple nutrition strategy that is useful and easy to follow. We must base the diet on the following:
- Lean, fat-free meat from cattle, pork, sheep or goat.
- Birds like chickens, turkeys, ducks,s and hens.
- Fish, shrimp, clams, lobsters, crabs, mussels, and other aquatic animals.
- Eggs, including ostrich and chicken eggs.
- Dark green leafy vegetables are a favorite type of vegetable.
- Think natural when choosing oils like avocado, coconut, and olive oil.
- Fruits are a healthy source of carbohydrates, but they can be high in natural sugar and calories. So if you’re trying to lose weight, limit your intake.
- Nuts are wonderful because they are high in calories and healthy fat, but you shouldn’t eat them in bags.
- Yams and sweet potatoes are root vegetables that are high in calories and carbohydrates so avoid them.
In addition to this list of foods to prepare your meal plan, pay attention to the following recommendations.
12 Interesting Ways to maintain a healthy life while you travel
1. Have a hearty, nutritious breakfast to start the day.
The energy to complete all the activities of the day comes from breakfast. Be sure to eat a hearty and nutritious breakfast before starting your day.
Don’t pass up the opportunity to have everything that will increase your metabolism for breakfast.
Food is generally offered free to visitors to most hotels. We recommend packing fruits and nuts for the trip in case your package does not include breakfast.
2. Purchase groceries as opposed to dining out.
It is not advisable to skip meals while traveling even if you are on a tight budget. A good breakfast will keep you alert all day in case you have to go several hours without eating.
To avoid many hours without eating, we advise stocking up on healthy snacks. This will help you avoid overeating, eat healthily, and save money by doing it this way.
You can choose from quick preparation items such as oatmeal, popcorn, eggs and instant soup.
3. Be mindful of your diet
Sometimes a dish may seem healthy, but it contains a lot of fat and carbohydrates.
Avoid attractive salads topped with Gorgonzola cheese and cream. Avoid drinking those sweet and fruity drinks at the beach too.
To maintain a healthy diet, we recommend that you watch your meals. Have a salad for lunch if you have a large dinner.
Consider skipping dinner or eating something light if your lunch is large.
4. Keep hydrated
Your ideal travel companion is a water bottle. While traveling, be sure to consume at least 3-4 liters of water.
If you are in a hot and humid place, the sum can be even higher. Water aids in both hydration and appetite suppression.
5. Avoid drinking excessively
Even when you’re not traveling, excessive drinking is not a good idea. Savoring exotic cocktails and your favorite soda drink is one of the best activities when you travel but it’s a bad idea.
Binge drinking will only leave you with a terrible hangover and stubborn belly fat. Keep an eye on how much alcohol you consume if you want to stay healthy and active throughout your trip.
6. In between meals, eat a protein bar
An instant supply of energy plus a protein or granola snack will please your appetite. Consider taking one between meals to prevent overeating.
The best thing about these energy bars is that most convenience stores carry them. You can buy a variety of energy bar options so you won’t get bored of the same snack every time.
7. Seek out hotels with gyms
To avoid missing a workout while traveling, book a hotel with a gym. Even for low-cost accommodations, having an on-site gym has become a standard facility.
See the time in the gym as a time to relax and release stress. The important thing is to enjoy every activity while traveling, including exercising.
8. Exercise in parks and in your room
The lack of a gym in a hotel should not be an excuse to prevent you from exercising. You can exercise in a hotel room or a nearby park.
You can keep up your momentum with burpees, pushups, and squats. If you want to exercise outside, visit the neighborhood parks and follow the path.
9. Keep a skipping rope with you
While traveling, you can keep fit by using a jump rope, which takes up little space in your backpack.
Be sure to prepare your luggage well with small sports accessories that will get you out of trouble. This will allow you to exercise whenever and wherever you want without much hassle.
10. Choose to stroll
The best approach to experiencing life like a native is to explore new places on foot. While you’re burning a few calories, you’ll have a chance to take a closer look at things.
Even if you have the opportunity to rent a motorcycle or car to tour the area, we recommend that you walk. Avoid this on days you are in a hurry if the neighborhood is not safe or it is very late at night.
11. Take part in adventurous sports
Adventure activities help you burn calories on vacation and are great for your adrenaline rush.
Join hiking clubs and outdoor activities like rock climbing if you are traveling to a hill station. Water sports, sailing, surfing and other activities are recommended for beach vacationers.
12. Climb stairs
Why call the elevator when you can burn calories using the steps? It is a powerful aerobic and strengthening exercise.
Find the opportunity to choose the most difficult path. Visit a monument or attraction with lots of stairs instead of the hotel elevator.
We recommend treating it like any other exercise routine. This requires you to walk up and down stairs within a set amount of time. So you’ll end up working out well.
Do you want to start a healthy life while traveling?
We should have a healthy life always, not only when we travel. In this way, we can enjoy everything because we want to be healthy. So says Thomas Carlyle:
“He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything.”
If you want more information on healthy eating I have the perfect site for you. At Nutripurpose.com you will find valuable tips and recommendations that will help you maintain a healthy style.
Anything else to consider?
Of course, here are some additional recommendations:
- If you want to stay fit on a long flight or a long trip, just eat well. Eating fresh fruit is the first thing in the morning you need to do to start creating healthy habits.
- To make a healthy journey, focus on eating healthy meals. Always carry a hand sanitizer with you, it will help you keep your hands clean when you eat in restaurants.
- If you want to stay hydrated throughout your trip drink plenty of water. If you drink water every once in a while you avoid dehydrating. You don’t need to do physical activity to dehydrate yourself so drink plenty of water.
- Do some research on local cuisine so you know which are the healthiest dishes. This will not only help you learn about the local culture but will help maintain good overall health.
- If you don’t sleep very well when you are on a trip, maybe you need to check what you are eating. Check first your dinner. To have quality sleep, you need to have a light dinner.
- In general, taking care of your diet while you travel will help you maintain your weight. Also, avoid contracting travel diseases such as malaria, viruses, bacteria, etc.
Are you ready to stay healthy while traveling?
As you have already read, maintaining a healthy life while you travel is not as difficult as it seems. It’s a matter of planning and prioritizing healthy foods. We must think that it is not a punishment but on the contrary. It is about enjoying the trip while taking care of ourselves.